Makes 30 cookies
Share: Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
My mum has made this family favorite for years. It is a classic Christmas cookie, and really easy to make. Megan and I made them for the first time on Christmas 2013 for Gramma Martin. Serve with milk.
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 30 Hershey kisses
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt + 1 tablespoon white sugar
1. Make the batter. Preheat your oven to 375. For best results use butter that is softened to room temperature. In a large bowl, combine the butter, peanut butter, egg, brown and white sugar. Mix well using a mixer on medium speed until nice and smooth. Slowly stir in the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
2. Roll the balls. In a small bowl, mix the kosher salt with the white sugar. Using your hands, shape the dough into 1 inch balls. Gently roll each bowl in the salted sugar and arrange them about 1 inch apart on a large, ungreased cookie sheet. You may have to bake in batches depending on the size of your pan. My pan can fit all 30 balls.
3. Bake and kiss. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. While the cookies bake, unwrap your kisses. Remove the cookies from the oven and press a kiss into the center of each. Move the cookies to a cooling rack, or a cool plate. Make sure to eat at least one cookie with some milk while it is still warm.