Share: Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
Papa John has made this feast for Megan and I on a few occasions, and it always warms and satisfies the soul. It’s great for a romantic meal for two, but you can double or triple the recipe to make a real feast. I enjoy this most in the fall and winter.
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 can peas (Papa John highly recommends La Sueur, and I concur)
1. Prepare your ingredients. Preheat your oven to 375. Wash the potatoes thoroughly and cut them into wedges ( think steak fries ). I like to keep the skins on. Mix all of the dry seasonings together to make a rub. Rub each breast first with a bit of the oil and then with a bit of the spice mixture. Toss the remaining oil and rub with the sliced potatoes.
2. Grab two baking pans. Place the potatoes in one layer in one of the pans, and the chicken breasts in the second pan. Put them in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Halfway through the baking time stir the potatoes.
3. Remove the chicken from the oven and put them on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Remove the potatoes from the oven and place in a serving bowl. Be sure to leave behind some of the oil in the pan. Cover the potatoes with foil to keep warm. Add the peas to the pan with the hot, seasoned oil. Return to the oven and raise the heat to 425. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. Plate the food. Place a breast on each plate. Spoon a pile of potatoes and peas next to each chicken breast. Serve and enjoy.